Thursday, August 28, 2008

What am I going to do about the exploitation of workers?

As designers we ultimately have the power to change... It is OUR industry after all... I agree with Steve that we can start small and our actions can inturn influence industry but I also think that it will take a global push for people to really become aware on a larger scale. I think that as long as money dominates and these global companies are only concerned with their bottom line then there will always be issues re exploitation of workers, sustainable fashion etc. I agree with Maya and I too feel that this industry should not ALL be about money but the reality is that it is and I think if us, as up and coming designers, are conscience and aware then we can help to make the rest of the industry, population or world aware and possibly encourage change in that way...

No comments: