Thursday, August 14, 2008

Environment

Ruth convinced me to start growing a vegetable garden... I like the ideas we discussed regarding communities that have systems of bartering with home grown foods and produce etc. I think this would be an interesting notion to explore on a large scale. Would it be sustainable? I don't think it would be easy to implement immediatly and a lot of time would be involved in making it an efficient way of life. The issues of money, power and greed would also be difficult to overcome. Ultimatly I belive that it's the mindset of the people that need to be changed before any real physical change can occur...

1 comment:

steve said...

It is not a stretch to see that a barter system could A: work or B: lead to greed and over consuption. Is it possible to set up a small scale barter system among you friends?