Sunday, August 17, 2008

every little bit adds up

Fridays lesson was a real eye opener for me. I didn't realise the fashion industry was rated so highly in terms of waste production, and I had no idea my suburb was so wasteful.

I left fridays class with inspiration to plant a veggie patch and make a conserted effort around my house to reduce my carbon footprint. It is so so easy to fall into the trap of "I am one person in a population of 22 million I am not going to make a difference" However every little bit really does make a difference, and the only way to change the future is if we act now.

We have so much power as young designers to make people aware. The best thing we can do is take a risk with our designing and create controversy about issues that have the potential to save our beautiful planet.

No comments: